Today, June 5, is World Environment Day, a day when we may reflect on all of our environmental accomplishments and renew our commitment to solving current and future environmental issues.
The topic for this year is #OnlyOneEarth, which coincides with the 50th anniversary of the Stockholm Conference of 1972 that resulted in the establishment of World Environment Day which is still applicable today, after 50 years.
- The sustainability story of our brand Laumière Gourmet Fruit is rooted in the idea of getting highest-quality produce and fresh raw ingredients from farmers.
- We've implemented a Reduction Action Plan to cut carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain.
Every year, 4.7 million hectares of our planet's forests are disappearing, an area larger than Denmark alone. The devastation of lands all over the world exposes us to higher amounts of pollution and devastates wildlife habitats.
These are only a few of the many problems that our planet and its people face today, making it clearer by the day that now is the moment to act.
- To compensate for all of their estimated carbon emissions, we at Laumiere Gourmet Fruits have invested in projects outside of our value chain. This action supports our climate neutrality accreditation .
We can safeguard the well-being of our environment and restore neglected ecosystems by encouraging others to share awareness and take the necessary action. Fortunately, there are many simple ways to help the environment.
Such as teaching your family how to recycle, lowering your carbon footprint, writing to public officials, and, of course, planting a tree. Also, don't forget to get out there and appreciate your current surroundings.
- We wish to cut emissions by employing energy-efficient machinery as we expand our activities.
- We plan to cut the use of carrier-supplied plastic bags by more than 50% and cut emissions from our own activities and supply chain.
What will you be doing to commemorate World Environment Day? The 5th of June is an excellent opportunity to make your voice heard and to encourage others to do so as well!